It is estimated that 15% of couples of childbearing ages have problems becoming parents and, within this percentage, 50% are due to male factors, since some studies affirm that half of Spanish men have a lower seminal quality to the standard determined by the World Health Organization. Although this does not imply sterility, it does pose a difficulty when conceiving.
Stress, unhealthy lifestyle habits or environmental factors are some of the most common causes of male infertility, but there are many others that we detail below.
Causes of male infertility
Male infertility can appear when there is a decrease in the number of sperm, when they cannot be released or when they do not work properly. Among the main causes of this problem are:
· Long-term emotional stress.
· Congenital anomalies.
· Consumption of alcohol or drugs.
· Hormonal problems
· Environmental pollutants.
· Advanced age.
· History of high fever or mumps.
· Genetic diseases.
· Physical problems of the testicles.
· Scarring from sexually transmitted diseases.
· Certain drugs such as cimetidine or nitrofurantoin.
Additionally, there are also other lifestyle- related causes that can affect your chances of conception.
Physical exercise improves sperm motility, however extreme sport can lead to a decrease in the number of sperm.
With regard to clothing, it should be made of natural tissue and wide in the genital area, since the testicles are located outside the body precisely because a high temperature reduces the production of sperm.
The mobile in the pocket of the pants
Some studies suggest that the radio frequency electromagnetic waves emitted by cell phones could have harmful effects on the testicles, since they could cause an increase in temperature that affects the sperm. However, at the moment the investigations are contradictory and it is still not possible to be sure with certainty if the mobile phone affects male fertility.
It is also not advisable to sit for a long time in the car, use the laptop on your lap, take frequent saunas, or shower with hot water above 35 ° C.
On the other hand, fertility can be affected by the presence of toxins that interfere with the production of male hormones, such as the following:
· PET plastics from some foods.
· Air fresheners and perfumes.
· Plastic bottles of bottled water.
· Agrochemicals: pesticides, fertilizers and herbicides.
· Parabens: moisturizers or gels for shaving.
Likewise, it is necessary to comment that some foods hinder fertility, such as:
· The caffeine.
· Refined flours.
· The wheat.
· The soy.
· Processed meat (cold cuts, sausages, bacon ...).
Instead, there are other foods that promote fertility, such as:
· The olive oil.
· The spinach.
· Red peppers.
· Blackberries and blueberries.
· Foods rich in vitamin A: carrots, milk, oranges and green leafy vegetables.
· Vitamin E: seed and olive oils, as well as almonds and walnuts.
If you still don't know about AFEMEFA Insurance, find out now about health insurance for the whole family and youth insurance.
Discover the first health insurance SIN:
· No copayment.
· No penalties.
· Without age ranges.
You can get infections and illnesses that can affect your teeth, gums, and tongue. Some oral infections are more serious than others. But arming yourself with the knowledge of these common mouth infections, their causes, and typical signs can help you prevent them.