Turmeric joins the list of superfoods, behind kale and matcha, to become an ally of your beauty and well-being.
A powerful antioxidant, contained in an orange powder, can rescue your skin from acne and wrinkle problems, and even help you regain lost radiance. The turmeric is an anti - inflammatory medicinal herb used in Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine, with countless benefits. Not only is it an aid in brain functions related to memory, it fights Alzheimer's, protects against cancer, improves digestion, regulates metabolism and the health of the body's organs, it is also extraordinary in your beauty routine. How to implement it?
TO FIGHT ACNE
There are many defenders of the use of Curcuma Longa or wild turmeric in natural masks to combat acne, as its topical use reduces inflammation and redness caused by severe outbreaks. The case of model Brianna L. has caused an impact and on her Instagram account (@briannagabrielaa) there is proof that it works on a skin with blemishes. Here, her beauty ritual:
1. Cleanse your face with pure jojoba oil, which you then wipe off with a facial towel to remove oil residue.
2. A mask is applied (once or twice a week) made with honey, half a teaspoon of turmeric and a pinch of cinnamon, let it rest for about an hour. Honey and turmeric provide antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties to calm the problem of acne, cinnamon improves blood microcirculation.
3. Use a hydrating serum. Brianna prefers a natural one with rose extract, to which she adds a few diluted drops of lavender oil.
Using turmeric can also help you reveal a better tone. Its illuminating advantages make it a very special ingredient in masks, since they manage to combat dullness and reduce blemishes. In combination with other agents such as vitamin C or alpha-hydroxy acids, it is an excellent alternative to show off a smooth, glowing skin full of vitality. Years less insured! The truth is that, although it is a cluster of benefits, its use during pregnancy and lactation is not recommended.
Its anti-aging benefits are backed by studies that place it in a privileged place to combat the appearance and deepening of skin wrinkles. According to a study carried out in 2009 by the department of functional biomedicine at Ehime University (Japan), it prevents and repairs damage caused by ultraviolet B rays, causing the dermis to wrinkle and lose elasticity. Thus, consumed twice a week (1000 mg / kg) improves the signs of aging.
An example? If you weigh 55 kg, divide 1000 mg / 55kg = 18 mg. As two daily intakes are suggested, the maximum should not exceed half a teaspoon of sugar per day.
Are you ready to integrate turmeric into your routine? We leave you a list of products tested and approved with this ingredient.
1. MASK TO CALM AND BRIGHTEN THE SKIN OF THE FACE, HELLO FAB GINGER & TURMERIC VITAMIN C JELLY MASK, FAB FIRST AID BEAUTY.
2. ANTI-AGING AND ANTIOXIDANT SERUM, DOUBLE SERUM COMPLETE AGE CONTROL CONCENTRATE, CLARINS.
3. CLEANSER, 24K GOLD PURE LUXURY CLEANSING BUTTER, PETER THOMAS ROTH.
4. SOOTHING EYE CONTOUR SERUM, DR. ANDREW WEIL FOR ORIGINS MEGA-MUSHROOM SKIN RELIEF EYE SERUM, ORIGINS.
5. GROUND TURMERIC *, SIMPLY ORGANIC.
6. ANTIOXIDANT AND ULTRA-HYDRATING SERUM THAT COMBATS IMPERFECTIONS, PRE: EMPT S ERIES SKIN PERFECTING SERUM, PERRICONE MD.